[Skip to content]

Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
For patients & carers
Search our Site

Patient advice and liaison service (PALS)

Frequently asked questions

How do I find Royal Brompton Hospital?

How do I find Harefield Hospital?

Do I qualify for hospital transport?

Can I get a reimbursement for my travel costs?

What is patient consent and patient confidentiality?

How can I access NHS treatment at Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust?

Do you have accommodation for patients or relatives?


Yes, accommodation is available at both Harefield Hospital and Royal Brompton Hospital.

How can I access health records? 

You will only be able to access the records that Royal Brompton and Harefield holds. If you wish to access records held at another Trust or at your GP surgery please contact them directly.

To obtain records held from Royal Brompton and Harefield, an access to health records request form will need to be completed and returned to the appropriate hospital. For those accessing records on behalf of a patient, a consent form will need to be completed by the patient or their next of kin if the patient is not in a position to consent.

Read more about your personal information

How can I access private treatment at Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust?


Your GP or consultant will need to refer you to one of our private patient specialists. For further information please see the Private Patients website.

How can I get a second opinion?


If you wish to have a second opinion you can ask your GP or consultant to refer you to another specialist either at the Trust or in a different hospital.

Can I communicate with staff by email?  


We advise patients that email is not a secure way of communicating  confidential information so we would prefer to send you information in the post.  

Can I get help with writing a will and who can witness this?


Our staff are not legally allowed to help patients write a will, nor can they be a witness.  General advice and guidance on writing a will is available on the government website.

Where can I get independent advice and guidance on a range of matters?  


Your local Citizens Advice Bureau offers independent advice and guidance on a range of matters, including benefits and social issues.

Healthcare charity, the Patients' Association offers independent advice on health matters.

POhWER is an independent complaints advocacy service and can provide independent help with the formal complaints process. 

Action against medical accidents (AvMA) is an independent charity. It provides free and confidential advice and support to people affected by medical accidents. 

Age UK offers advice on a range of matters to people over the age of 60. 

Scope is a charity that supports disabled people and their families. 

Mencap is the UK’s leading charity for people with learning disabilities.

The Equality and Human Rights Commission promotes and monitors human rights. It also protects, enforces and promotes equality across the nine "protected" grounds: age, disability, gender, race, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation and gender reassignment. It provides advice and information on a range of equality related issues.

Action Disability Kensington & Chelsea (ADKC) works to enhance opportunities for disabled people (with physical, sensory and hidden impairments), living or working in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea.

Royal Brompton

Sydney Street,
London SW3 6NP
Tel: +44 (0)20 7352 8121