What to bring with you
- Nightware and dressing gown
- Slippers. See below for more detail on the best type of footwear to bring.
- Comfortable clothing
- Women having surgery – well-fitted, supportive bra (ideally front fastening)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste,
- Shaving items (shaving points are available for electric razors)
- Liquid soap only – please do not bring bars of soap or soap dishes
- Hairbrush or comb
- Money for the telephone, newspaper and transport home
- Books or magazines to read
- A pen for completing the menus
- Any walking aids
There are shops in Fulham Wing and Sydney Wing where you can buy items during your stay.
We do not have laundry facilities for patient's clothes so please bring enough nightwear for the whole stay or ask a visitor to bring in fresh clothing.
Please do not bring valuable items into hospital. While you will have your own locker, storage space is limited. If you must bring in valuable items, please hand them to your nurse, who will arrange for their safekeeping and give you a receipt.
We cannot accept responsibility for loss of or damage of any personal items, unless they have been handed over for safe keeping and you have been issued with a receipt.
It is important to bring in good fitting slippers with closed backs and a solid grip.